Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge for a Boy/Guy & DT Call

This week's newest Sassy Cheryl's challenge #170 is for a boy or a guy. I have four boys of my own and I find it difficult to make cards for boys. But Sassy Cheryl's images make it easier because they are just too darn cute! I chose to color up Ahoy Matey. Here is my take:
I kept the bathtub white because it reminded me of my grandma's tub when I was a kid. I used the following Copic markers on Xpress It Blending paper:
Skin-E000,00,21
Hair-E31,33
Other- C1,3,5,7, R05,Y26,28,13,18, B00,01,02
A few silver stickles, punches of red stars, and a shake of fairy dust and wa-la!

Today was the second day of summer school. I am teaching 5th,6th, and 7th grade science and math. The second day of summer school is always the hardest...reality sets in! I kept chanting to myself..."serenity now..." And not just as a teacher but as a mom of my 5 lovely kiddies. I practically screamed that today when my Georgie came running through the back door informing me he had made a new friend. A new friend?! That's great! Until he dangled a big ole' slimy earthworm in front of my face! I may have screamed something like, "Get that thing out of my house this minute!" Gosh, I love that kid! Earthworms...not so much!
Max Flying High

So, in between fainting and corralling kids in and out of the house, I made another boy card. Sassy Cheryl is having a DT call and I thought why not!?! I enjoy making cards and coloring to my heart's content. Being a part of Sassy Cheryl's DT would make my life complete. ❤❤ No. Really. It would. I got my fingers (and 
my toes) crossed!
Well, that is all for now. Thank you my friends for stopping by. Have a great Wednesday!

14 comments:

  1. Both cards are wonderful! Awesome coloring and colors, love the skull on the first one, and really love that max is really showcased with out a lot of stuff around him... the sentiment is perfect-- be you:)
    Thanks for playing along in our Sassy for the boys challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments and for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Both cards are adorable. Great coloring! Best of luck with the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man!! Summer school and worms too! Yikes...no question, you have to be the mother of a bunch of boys to handle that without a "meltdown"! hahaha! I love both cards, sugar!! Gorgeous coloring and such fun papers!! I'm so glad you've joined us again this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! I had fun playing in this week's challenge!

      Delete
  4. I needed your chuckle for today. So sorry you were not laughing at that time. God Bless you for all those darling children you have surrounded yourself with. Your card making must be your "me time" to keep you sane. You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Linda! Definitely my time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are adorable! I love your coloring!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. . . Angie. These are just OH so gorgeous! BOTH of them! I'm with you, the tub reminds me of my grandma's too. LOVE it. Simply stunning. . . .glad I didn't have to pick a favorite. :)
    Thanks for playing along in the For the Boys challenge this week with the Sassy gals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So both cards are fabulous. Earthworms...yeah, not so much! You're a good woman! So glad you joined us for this week's challenge and the DT call!

    ReplyDelete