Friday, June 28, 2013

Puttin' on the Ritz

The pressure is on peoples. And...I want to be a Kraftin' Kimmie guest for the month of August!! No, really I do. And...nothing about this card went my way. I literally spent all day piecing together this creation. From almost decapitating her head to assembling the complete easel card only to realize that in the end...I put it together upside down! I couldn't make this stuff up.

My inspiration for this card came from my love of the TV show Dancing With the Stars.


Oh! Wait! Not that inspiration....how did that photo get in here?!? :) Who put this photo in my blog? (He-he!)

This kind of inspiration...


So, here is my creation:


It is an easel card. And I used two Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. The top image is Dashing Dancers.
The bottom stamp is Ever After. The paper is from The Paper Studio as well as the La Petites flowers. The border is a punch from Martha Stewart called Bangle Chain Trim. I wanted the gems and rhinestones to mimic the lights and chandelier of a fancy ballroom.
I colored the top image using Copic markers in the following colors:
Skin-E000,00,11
Hair-(girl) R20,22,59 (boy) E55,44
Dress-B93,95,99
Suit-C1,3,5

The sentiment came with the rubber stamp set. It reads: Puttin' on the Ritz. The sentiment and the Ever After image was stamped using Memento Ink Midnight Blue. 



I threw in some clear stars. This is my third submission for the Krafty Girl Contest. And I am going to enter this in the A.R.T Card Challenge #3~Anything Goes, too.  Hope you have a great Friday! I'll be back tomorrow with some exciting news! 

8 comments:

  1. Oooh la la (that first pic is nice!)....I mean, your card is GREAT Angie! LOL....seriously, it's really awesome! Beautifully colored, love the double-image/easel (I'd never have thought of this!). Great embellies too! Thanks for joining us at the A.R.T. "Anything Goes" Challenge, and we hope you'll join us again next week too! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH THAT IS SO SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Card? What card? Oh..Oh ... now I see it ...
    LOL! Seriously ... your card is ADORABLE and I LOVE the concept! Beautiful design and coloring! WELL DONE!! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at A.R.T. and joining in on our ANYTHING GOES challenge this week! Hope you'll join us again next week!
    Darlene
    A.R.T. DT
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha! What card, right?! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! your design is so beautiful :) love these pretty blue tones, there are so many wonderful details on your design!! sending you smiles and best of luck with the challenge :) !!!

    ReplyDelete