Sunday, May 25, 2014

OWH&Art Impressions

It is Memorial Day Weekend and Art Impressions has partnered with Operation Write Home for this week's challenge.
The challenge for this week is to create cards that can be sent and used for Operation Write Home. And if you are not familiar with OWH you really are missing out! Operation Write Home is how I got started in card making. A few summers ago, I was looking for a hobby to participate in and still serve in some capacity in giving back. That is when I came across OWH.
 
Initially, I started with rubber stamping images and coloring with colored pencils. Gradually, I moved into Copic markers. It took awhile to hone my alcohol blending skills. Oh heck!  Who am I kidding? I am still trying to master coloring. But I love OWH and I love Art Impression stamps. So, you combine the both and it is a "win-win"!!
 
 
Operation Write Home does have some specific requirements including: Using A2 size cards with envelopes, no glitter, and no handwritten sentiments.  Large embellishments do not work well either. I think that this is why I am such a Clean and Simple card maker! 
 
You can check out the guidelines by clicking here. The other cool thing is that you can request an Operation Write Home rubber stamp to designate your cards as such. So, I always stamp the back of my cards.
 
Here are my creations I created this weekend. I had to use both these images because they just arrived in the mail on Friday!
This is Fire Out!
 
One last thing...if you donate cards to OWH, there is a calendar to follow. For example, Christmas cards such as the one above should be donated by October 31st. You can check out the Themes and Deadlines calendar here.
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Angela, these are sooooo stinkin' CUTE!!!!! Love both of these images and your cards are awesome!!!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are amazing! Thanks for joining in on our OWH challenge this week at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, great card, the image and saying is so funny :-))

    ReplyDelete