Sunday, October 6, 2013

Mo Manning...H is for...


Mo Manning's current challenge # 204 is H is for...HEART! 
For this challenge I decided to color up the newly released image called: Love Signs
Anytime I find a stamping image that uses the I Love You sign using sign language, I never hesitate to purchase it.
My youngest son, Alex was born deaf from a recessive-linked gene called Conexin-26. He is fortunate enough to utilize bi-lateral cochlear implants and he is now a soon-to-be 8 year old talking in complete sentences.This may not seem like such a big deal but there was a time when I believed he would never learn to speak. At 21 months old, I started right away teaching Alex the basic signs of sign language and to this day we still use the "I Love You" sign all the time! 
So here is my creation for this week's challenge at D2P:
I loved coloring this image in using my Copic markers. 
The paper has an ombre look to it and comes from a paper pad from American Crafts.
The sentiment reads: I Love You and it is stamped using a wooden rubber stamp and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.


2 comments:

  1. She is just beautiful, but... your coloring - magnificent, girl!
    Sorry... I just have no other words - must go and stare some more at this beauty now... :)
    Have an awesome day, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, so cute! You already used the new image! Love the CAS style.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil!

    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete